08 December 2006

Celtic Woman: A New Journey

Well most people know that I am a huge fan of irish/folk music. While I was in Washington I started listening to the Celtic Woman CD and purchased the DVD. The women making up this band... er show have beautful voices that could soothe anyone. Is there any doubt why they have been number 1 on the World Billboard chart for over 60 weeks. Currently, the Celtic Woman Christmas albulm is #1 on the World chart!.

On Wednesday night, I saw the second PBS special by these lovely ladies and it was GREAT! They have even added a new member, Hayley Westenra. It even got me thinking a little. The best fiddlers are the ones that can move around considerably. Screw Charlie Daniels. I would rank Natalie MacMaster and Máiréad (from Celtic Woman) as two of the best fiddle players the world has seen!

No comments: