01 December 2006

My lap is warm, is yours?

Well guess what! I am typing this blog on my new laptop! But not any laptop, this baby has a AMD Turion 64bit dual core cpu (1.6GHz), among other great features:
Operating System Windows XP Media Center Edition
CPU Type AMD Turion64 X2 TL-50(1.6GHz)
Screen 15.4" WXGA
Memory Size 2GB DDR2
Hard Disk 120GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 IGP
Video Memory shared memory
Communication Modem, LAN and WLAN
Dimensions 14.1" x 10.6" x 1.2-1.3"
Weight 6.2 lbs.
CPU Type AMD Turion 64 X2
CPU Speed TL-50(1.60GHz)
CPU L2 Cache 2 x 256KB
Not mentioned is the nifty (but not necessary in my mind) web cam on top of the screen.
This is a great laptop, but when I installed Windows XP 64 I lost much of the functionality thanks to driver issues (wireless nic, webcam, among others). So I used to restore discs to go back to Windows XP Media Center. But don't worry folks! I will install XP64 on a different partition and try to resolve the driver issues ( I wasn't patient enough last night).

As one of my readers (one of two I believe ;) ) posted earlier this week I was not alone looking laptops. Actually, he found the same laptop for much cheaper at Circuit City for their day after Thanksgiving sale, but as you already know (you do read the blogs i link to, right?) that he did not get it because CC only carried one in stock and he was 2nd in line! Sounds like a reason to avoid CC (or take over for the incompetent management ;) ).

Man, it is nice to actually use my wireless network myself for a change and, did you know, that google talk allows me to be logged in on multiple machines (unlike MS Messenger)? Well my lap is warm enough, so I will go ahead and post now ;)

No comments: