04 February 2007

A Pirating I Will Go...

Another update from my Age of Pirates PC game. I have turned on all of the European powers and began to build (with the help of the pirates) a free nation in the Caribbean Sea.

I am currently prowling the sea with a Frigate (Ocean) (46 guns), a Line Ship (Insolant) (~80 guns), and a Man-O-War (Atalante) (102 guns). I really like the names of these ships (I didn't name them, I captured them. Which is much cheaper than buying a ship ;) )

I have captured the colonies of Tortuga and La Vega, the latter (in my game) is a colony on the northeastern coast of the island of Hispaniola. La Vega is booming for me, I have built a new fort, a church, silver mines, and upgraded the shipyard. Tortuga has had a harder time. it just got over an epidemic, but should begin grow as well.

To pay for the additions to La Vega, I, of course, raided European shipping, but I also attacked and razed Petit Goave, San Juan, Santa Domingo, and Saint Martin. I have become a Sea Terror to the European powers in the Caribbean, can I continue? Most likely! I am packing an amazing amount of fire power!

A couple of shots of my Frigate, The Ocean:

In the first shot, you can see that I had a ship, the Bloody Michelle, with me. I captured this ship from a pirate to prove to another pirate that I had what it takes to become the pirate "governor". (I later defeated the pirate "governor" in combat to succeed him.)

1 comment:

Arnold said...

I didn't know pirates had governors. Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of being a pirate? Oh well, it must be too much fun to question being Pirate Governor I suppose.