09 March 2007

My Boring Life... Or is it?

Damn, my life's boring! Which explains my lack of blog entries lately ;)

Work has been checking designs and doing check prints (checking drafting) on box culverts lately. Nothing to interesting. Except one, the outlet end of a RCBC (reinforced concrete box culvert) was too close to a railroad embankment, so we designed the wing walls to run perpendicular to the box. Like a giant headwall.

Yesterday was beautiful and the weather is supposed to holdout, with the temp in the 60s next week! I ran outside yesterday for the first time since winter began and I have to say I am in the best shape I've been in since maybe my sophomore year of college (nearly 5 years ago already)!

No big plans for myself this weekend, but next Saturday I am planning on spending the afternoon and evening in Sioux Falls, here. More info here. Anyone is welcome to join me!

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but my parents traded their station wagon in for a crew cab S10 pickup. So I am probably going to order this to help protect my pickup when I use it to haul around the kayak. Kindof spendy, but it looks nicer than anything I could build and it is universal. I can use it on my pickup, then keep it and use it whenever I finally get a crew cab pickup :) Also, it clamps on, so I won't have to drill any holes into the bed of my pickup.

Well, it's nearly time for me to walk to work, hope everyone has a good day! (As I reread what I wrote, I am thinking that my life may not be as boring as initially reported! ;) )

1 comment:

Andy said...

Good...I'm not the only one suffering from delusions of boredom.