04 March 2007

Yes, I am still alive... for now ;)

I know, I know. I haven't been blogging much lately, but what have I been up to? Well, we just finished a rehab project at work and sent it on to bid letting on Friday. We had been frantically trying to finish the project up for the past two weeks. You see, I am in one of the new design squads, but we had been given a bridge rehabilitation project and I being the newbie wasn't the only engineer that was new to this type of project. There are alot of differences between a rehab project and a new design project. For instance, new designs are alot more straight forward; rehab projects take alot more intuitive thought. Second of all, the Bridge Office is short 6 (soon to be 7) engineers (and one secretary) so things are really hectic right now. But, like I said, we got the project done... so YIPPEE!

What have I been up to away from work? Well, this past week I have been battling a cold, but I seem to have prevailed. I haven't been playing Age of Pirates much lately though, so no updates on that. I have been pushing myself harder on my daily runs at the YMCA though. I ran 6.5 miles at 7 mph yesterday. I also had to use up some eggs in my fridge yesterday, so I baked a cake, made up a bunch of chocolate waffles for eating during he week, and fried some chicken up yesterday.

Last weekend, I competed a video for Gaelic Storm's Kiss Me I'm Irish Contest. And guess what! GS will be at the Minnesota Irish Fair again this year! So everyone mark your calendars and meet me there. since I will have leave this time, I am planning on taking off the Friday before and Monday after so that I can enjoy the whole fair! Remember August 10 - 12!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Great video - way to work in the SD Lottery. Good to see that they're making their way to YouTube.

Oh, and I marked my calendar. Looks like August 10-12 is the weekend before Fall classes start here. Great timing!