23 June 2007

And yet I am not tired yet ;)

It's already been a busy weekend for me and it's only Saturday afternoon! Obviously I went kayaking after work on Friday, then Friday night I watched Judd Hoos at Oahe Days. They were pretty good, but the lead reminded me of Mick Jagger, so he better be careful ;)

This morning I got up and participated in my first official 5k. I didn't place but I ran it in 23:24; finishing just 55 seconds behind the individual who took third in my age bracket (20-29). I was very impressed with myself. Also, it was already 75 degrees at the start of the race and very humid (down near the river) unlike what the weather site online are saying.

I am seriously considering running in the 5k for the Minnesota Irish Fair later this summer... though my time this weekend would have been 11th in the results from the MIF 5k last summer.

Earlier this afternoon I went kayaking off of Farm Island State Park instead of my normal pirating courses. I forgot to grab my camera, but I ran into some wicked waves (thank you SD wind). When the kayak crested one, the bottom (of the kayak) would be 2-3ft from the water surface! It was an awesome paddle, though the dog would disagree ;)

Tonight I am going to see one of my favorite cover bands, Rude Awakening (or apparently they are shortening to Rude Band) . Damn, this has already been an awesome summer... looking like I made the correct choice in skimming my annual salary by 8k to come back to SD!

2 comments:

Arnold said...

Patrick, you sure do live the life. Swashbuckling the high s--...rivers and then sailing into port to listen to live bands. The only thing this life is missing is wenches. And, possibly, rum.

Patrick Wellner said...

yeah, I need me a good wench...