30 July 2007

18 Miles from a Dark Age

I didn't kayak yesterday, but I did go for a bike ride. I rode up to the campgrounds below Oahe Dam; a round trip of 18 miles averaging 13 - 14 mph.


On Saturday, the CSPAN BookTV bus was in Pierre. I check it out and received a $10 gift card to Prairie Pages. I used it to pick up this book. One I've been wanting because it appears to reflect my beliefs (a heck of a lot more than Dark Age Ahead).

My posting has become few and far between and I must strive to fix it. But my bloggin' accomplice has also fallen from the blog 'verse and needs to get back into bloggin' shape. Will it happen, can we do it? Probably not until fall, but we'll see ;)

4 comments:

Arnold said...

So, when the dark ages hit, what are we all going to become to make a livelihood? Andy, Adam and Ben are writing software code, which is basically manipulating "written" information, so they will probably make the adjustment well into scribes. Pat as an engineer will be a smith. As a civilE, most likely a moat-smith and castle-smith. I'll be an alchemist or apothecary. Josh as a EE will be responsible for keeping torches lit in an age without electricity. A sconce-smith. Who else is blogging here...oh yeah. Alex will start out as a scribe too, only he will be rejected by the monastery for his heathenism and demoted to serf.

Arnold said...

Time to start working on draw-bridge designs with murder holes at the gate, Pat. Alex, try your spamming now..."Bloody Peasant!"

Andy said...

I bet I'll have an advantage with my scribery skills due to my reluctance to use mechanical pencils (which obviously won't be readily available in a dark age).

Arnold said...

That would be an advantage, yes.