22 July 2007

I have partaken of the phoenix...

And all was good ;) I went out to Sheridan Lake in the Black Hills yesterday for a day paddling excursion.



Circumnavigating the lake was a scant 6.2 miles.


But the sites at the beach were nice ;) (sorry, no photos). While in Rapid I stopped off at a few stores that we don't have in Pierre, culminating in eating at the world class Golden Phoenix. Where my food was prepped by the master himself: Jerry! Also, I managed to fill up for $2.92/gal at Safeway, while the rest of the state sits around 3.01 to 3.03.

2 comments:

Arnold said...

Beauteous pictures. I also partook of the Phoenix on the 4th when I was back home. After so many years deprived, I wondered if the heavenly nectar known as The Golden Phoenix General Tso sauce was just my imagination, that I was deluding myself about it's overwhelming asskickery

No. NOT just my imagination.

The Golden Phoenix is officially the BEST DAMN CHINESE FOOD, PERIOD. Nothing around here comes CLOSE.

My family there asked me what was wrong when they saw tears in my eyes.

"Nothing," I said, taking another spoonful of flavour excellence. "Nothing at all."

Patrick Wellner said...

I'm not saying that Jerry is a demigod, but...