07 July 2007

'Cause she can punch ahead in any gale

Well, I got my new kayak yesterday. I got the call (from Scheels) that it was in just before noon, so I took the afternoon off and drove down to Sioux Falls to pick it up. Everything went off without a hitch... well except those used to tie the kayak down to my pickup rack ;)

While I was down that way I stopped in Mitchell for supper with a friend... I would link to his blog, but he doesn't update it so i won't waste your time.

For anyone who doesn't already know, I got the Santee 140T (14' long, tandem) from Hurricane Kayaks. And it is a beaut! Made from trylon, a thermoformed plastic, it ways just 52 lbs. FYI, my old boat weighs in at close to 90 lbs.

I am contemplating christening it, the Gideon Brown ;)

A few pics for you to enjoy!


No comments: