21 December 2007

New Hobby

Well, I have just started on a new hobby. I am starting to get into home roasting coffee. I am very near the stage of coffee connoisseur as my friend, Cutler. A video of my roaster in action:
I could have gone the way of roasting with a hot air popcorn popper but the company I ordered this from through in 10 pounds of "green" coffee beans for free.

A couple of roasts I have already done:
I roasted some beans from Java to what I believe is a Full City Plus and some Ethiopian beans to what I believe is City.I know most of you aren't coffee drinkers but everyone is welcome to come over for a cup :)

3 comments:

Benjamin Cutler said...

Looks good Pat. I can't wait to try some.

Arnold said...

Ben and Pat, you two caff-ed up "pot"heads deserve each other...

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.