25 December 2007

An unusual gift

Well, I've had a great Christmas, but before I retire to the couch to pass out watching TV I'd like to share with everyone the most unexpected gift I received this year... a ship's wheel! Most of you know I have always been fond of all things nautical (in terms of the age of sail). Well apparently my parents tried to get me one for my college graduation but the local antique store wanted a considerable amount for it. Well, apparently, the store had a few different ones this year and reduced the asking price considerably (actually, I think the first one they saw was considerably larger). But without further ramblings, here it is:
Now I just need a house so that I can hang it properly (my apt only allows me to hang stuff with finishing nails)... or a ship for it ;)

1 comment:

Arnold said...

Let's hook that bastard up to a rudder and hit the seas! No merchant shipping lanes will be safe!