04 November 2006

Extraction Point

Well, frequent visitors to my blog may recall that back in May and June I played the PC game FEAR. A first-person shooter (FPS) where you are a member of the "First Encounter Assault Recon, the military's top-secret task force assigned to deal with paranormal situations".

Well, now I have started playing the expansion to it: Extraction Point. After the destruction of a facility in Auburn, the chopper carrying the main character away goes down. You have to fight your way through clone soldiers and supernatural critters. Plus Alma, the scariest enemy in the game. I've seen her torch rooms/buildings and completely slaughter soldiers (without firing a shot). Thankfully, she saved my ass in one scene of extraction point... I suspect I know why but I can't reveal it to you because it would spoil the original game.

As I have been playing, I have managed to take a handful of screenshots:

My partner is taken by some ghouls... guess I have to work alone now!

A USAF plane downed in downtown Auburn.

As I climbed up this ladder, Alma popped out at the last second giving me quite a fright. I fell to the ground and she vanished (as she seems to do too often).

I don't recall what year this game is supposed to take place in but checkout the Fed. Min. Wage!

No comments: