10 November 2006

Where's My Big Stick?

I need it to teach some political journalists about checks and balances. Apparently, someone thinks that having more than one party hold seats in congress is a bad thing because nothing gets done. He also seems to think that nothing good comes from a different party controlling congress than the presidency.

I do not agree with this at all. With one party in complete control, too much can be done. When both parties are forced to work together fewer laws get passed, but the laws are better for the nation. The democratic process is better when cooperation is maintained. Just like blogging is better when cobloggeration is maintained ;)

Damn, another political post... maybe I should take the big stick to myself too ;)

1 comment:

Andy said...

Personally, I think it would be even better if there were 3 or 4 parties in power.

In fact, I'm kind of irritated at the 2 independent senators because they decided to caucus with the Democrats. Why not stand alone and leave the Republicans and Democrats with 49 apiece? That might actually make things interesting.