30 May 2007

Eat, Sleep, Good Music, Paddle

I hereby declare this summer, THE SUMMER OF AWESOMENESS!

Just last weekend I was down in KC with friends from college and enjoyed a GS concert (including The Awesome Jessie Burns). And now I am looking at leaving town again Monday already!

I first considered RibFest down in Sioux Falls this weekend, but I really want to catch up on some kayaking. A friend and fellow kayaker let me know about a small dam between Laframboise Island and a smaller sandbar. I plan on checking it out. I think I have paddled by it without paying much intention, but I might try the over top approach ;)
It is at one of those red circles above, more to come!

So, kayaking this weekend, but what is on Monday you ask? Well, I plan on flexing Monday (working 6:30AM-12, 12:30PM - 3PM) and heading to Norfolk, NE afterwards to catch a Clumsy Lovers (great name, huh?!) concert!

I first heard this band on CMT with the video for 'Stand Up'. The lyrics can be seen here. I also saw them while I was in Yakima and they are very good! Anyone in the area of Norfolk on Monday should stop by Bulas Sports Bar & Grill (see link above).

More great news, I am now able to order the kayak that I want from Scheels. I am supposed to hear from the salesman tomorrow.

I am planning on taking off the Friday before and the Monday after the Minnesota Irish Fair to maximize the weekend! I am hoping to convince many to join me in this trip.

I am also contemplating attending the Milwaukee Irish Fest. Any others wanting to join would push me definitively into the YES column ;)

If I hear anything about the 2007 Sioux Falls Irish Fest I will attend, but the president of the club changed and I (for some reason) no longer receive there emails.

Through all this folly and fun, if anyone wants to swing up to Pierre to hang... or better yet paddle, you are more than welcome to crash at my place. Also, if anyone has any other worthy events, let me know and I might find my way there!

Oh yeah, and my newest Tshirt:

2 comments:

Andy said...

Nice. I wasn't really familiar with the Clumsy Lovers until you "introduced" me to them last weekend, but I have to admit, they are pretty good. I enjoyed almost every song on their "Smart Kid" album.

Oh, and I think I'll be able to make it to the MN Irish fair because my summer class is over at the end of July.

Anonymous said...

By all means, DO join us at Milwaukee Irish Fest! But keep toward the southern end of the grounds, where all the plays and cultural events take place, and where the "more Irish than the Irish" blue rinsers with green arses never stray! David Brannan