19 May 2007

Sandbar Antics

Well, I have been out kayaking many times this spring already, but today was the first day I took my camera with me. Instead of my normal short (~1hr) paddle, I put into the main river channel and paddled upstream. It was a fairly windy day with the wind blowing with the current; providing the dog and I with some waves crashing over the bow. It was a blast!
Our "little pirate cove" seems to be silted in... a heavy rainfall should clean it out while possibly flooding the residences on either side...
This next picture is of a house I am expecting to end becoming river bottom property. Though they do have some retaining walls installed and trees planted to try to keep the slope as-is.And to end with, a video clip of my dog (well, the family dog) enjoying a sandbar.

No comments: