27 May 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, I came down to a friend's place in Olathe, KS for Memorial Day weekend to catch a GS concert. Actually we had quite a good turn out as 3 other college friends came down as well. We had MN, IA, SD, and (obviously) KS represented.

I thought the concert was great though not as much fun as the Minnesota Irish Fair, but Jessie's fiddling sounded good so all is not lost with the lovely Ellery Klein's leave of absence. Good Luck with the baby, Ellery! I think I might start referring to Jessie as either the Brilliant Jessie Burns or the Awesome Jessie Burns (both adjectives were used by Twigger and Murphy during the concert).

My friends also enjoyed the Great American Barbecue while in town, but were informed that it fell short of the expectations set after last year!

Well, I got to get on the road soon, See ya (or not)!

Another post will follow with you tube clips from the GS concert.

EDITED TO ADD YOUTUBE VIDEOS









1 comment:

Arnold said...

Looks like you all had a really good time. Sorry I couldn't represent NE (or, "Neh", as I've taken to referring to my current state of residence).