17 May 2007

Yes, this blog is active... sortof ;)

I am cursed, pity any shows that I watch and enjoy!

This past winter I found three new shows that I really enjoyed: Knights of Prosperity, Jericho, and The Black Donnelly's to go along with How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, and Supernatural.

KoP (ABC Network) was about a bunch of blue collar workers who are sick of not getting any where in there lives and decide to rob Mick Jagger. The series ended about halfway through the first season, but it did end on a positive not. They chose friendship over robbing and had to give up all their research, etc. (security). They were in the process of looking for a new target.

Jericho (CBS) got an entire first season and I just recently found out it got canned. It was about a small Kansas town coping in the aftermath of multiple nuclear attacks on major cities. The season ended with Jericho holding about an attack from a neighboring town.

TBDs (NBC) is about 4 brothers. Four Irish-American New York brothers. Their father formerly ran the union/Irish mob before being killed. The brothers are competing for control of the neighborhood with the current head of the Irish mob and with the Italian mafia. This show was canceled prematurely, but NBC continued to air the remaining episodes online. The show ended with some closure: the Irish mob leader appears to be dead, the Italian leader is dead; while it looks like the 4 brothers are alive.

As you can see, I have reason to be upset with the big three networks. And FOX has not done anything lately to make me happy. So c'mon CW and USA! Your the only networks that seem to like to air good programming!

Thankfully HIMYM will be back next season, I mean how can you not bring back a show that ends a season with "This is going to be legen- wait for it..." And I am actually interested in the next reality show (god forbid) entitled Pirate Master (ah, no wonder I am intrigued ;) ) Both HIMYM and Pirate Master are on CBS so I may have to give them a pass despite Jericho.

But NBC cancelled The Black Donnelly's for The Real Wedding Crashers! Should we go mafia on NBC? Probably.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Reality TV *shudder*. Although hey, at least one about pirates has got to be infinitely better than one about wedding crashers.

You need to start watching Heroes. It's popular enough that it hopefully won't get canceled.

Alex Beverage said...

Since you're already watching USA check out House, it rocks.

Arnold said...

I can vouch for House. It rocks the house. Get it? Nevermind it's over your head.