18 February 2008

I have my canary...

I haven't been blogging much lately because I haven't had much to share with the online community. But before I share anything today, I first need to explain yesterday's post.

My friend, Cutler, met Julia through eHarmony this last fall (I think) and they are now engaged. This is the best advertising for eHarmony; now those that know either Cutler or Julia have an proof that it can succeed. That is why I decided to join eHarmony a couple of weeks ago. I have already found a couple of young women that I am interested in and have began to send emails through eHarmony. Will I have the same luck as Cutler? Time will tell, but it is easier than trying to figure out who is single in the bars! (well assuming everyone is honest on eHarmony, but I'd imagine the cost minimizes falsehoods)

4 comments:

Arnold said...

BIG. MISTAKE.

Arnold said...

You know those ubiquitous "REJECTED" tv commercials about people who got REJECTED from eHarmony (or one of those online dating sites)? Here's how I see mine would go...

[Me in my Periodic Table T-shirt]

On my vastly read blog I discussed the implications of the Halting Problem for the philosophical limitations of mathematical truths as well as the wondrous properties of the element Carbon. You see, Carbon's valency properties allow a unique--[REJECTED STAMP!]

Meanwhile the cameraman would heckle me: "If you like Carbon so much, why don't you MARRY it?"

Andy said...

But that would be so easy to rebut. Since human beings are carbon-based lifeforms, you could argue that anyone who gets married is marrying carbon.

Arnold said...

Totally true.