11 February 2008

Time to "get re-psyched"

I really need to get re-psyched about blogging. So a week or two ago, I did something I have not done since before college (maybe even high school). I went exploring much like my wanderings in Yakima. I chose the hill behind my apartment, the public library, and the YMCA.



As you can see the Cultural Heritage Center is built into the hillside! I've always been very impressed with this structure.

Also, I was finally took the time to change a few lyrics to the Big and Rich song Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy:
(Intro)
DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAAAAA
DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DE-DUM-DE-DE-DUM, DE-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAA-DAAAA!

Well, I walk into the room
Passing out Spanish pieces of eight
And it kills and it thrills like the masthead on my Sloop bow
And I buy the bar a double round of rum
And everybody's getting down
An' this town ain't never gonna be the same.

(Chorus:)
Cause I batten down my hatches
And I sail into the city
I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls
They are so pretty
Paddling ashore
In my old kayak Leroy
And the girls say
Save a boat, Sail a pirate.
Everybody says
Save a boat, Sail a pirate

Well I don't give a dang about nothing
I'm singing and Bling- Blanging
While the girls are drinking
Long necks down!
And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy
Or my Sloop for your Escalade
Or your freak parade
I'm the only Blackbeard left in this town

(Chorus:)

(Spoken:)
I'm a frigate
That's what she said
In the bottom of my sloop hold
As I was gettin' buzzed on suds
Out on some empty blue sea.
We where flying high
Fine as wine, having ourselves a big and rich time
And I was going, just about as far as she'd let me go.
But her evaluation
Of my pirate reputation
Had me begging for salvation
All night long
So I took her out giggin frogs
Introduced her to my old island parrot
And sang her every Bilge Pump song I could think of

And we made love
(Chorus:)

What? What?
Save A Boat Sail A Pirate
Everybody says
Save a Boat Sail a Pirate.
A friend told me, "You sir have earned a place in the Club of Awesome Parodiers, wherever they are."

I replied, "So, Weird Al's basement?" Cletus T Judd might be a better fit ;)

No comments: