18 March 2008

Saint Patrick's Day 2008

Well, I spent St Patrick's Day in Minneapolis and it was a great time. I don't have many (any?) readers and most of you were invited along but everyone except one could not attend. So I'll try to show what you missed. Simply put, a friend and I spent the day between Kieran's, O'Donovan's, and the Guthrie Theater.

I don't recall the names of all the groups we saw, but a quick highlight of my favorites: McInnis' Kitchen, Alicia Corbett, The Wild Colonial Bhoys. The Brian Boru Pipe Band made an appearance at many locations across the city and we caught them at O'Donovan's. The top reason for choosing Minneapolis was that Gaelic Storm was playing at the Guthrie Theater that night. I have to say, the Guthrie is the single coolest theater I have ever been in. No such thing as a bad seat there!

Next up, a slide show of pictures I took yesterday.





And finally, as I am known for taking videos at concerts... or my camera is known for being decent at video clips, some videos I uploaded to youtube.


No comments: