02 June 2006

Games

Since leaving college my gaming days are well behind me, but I still manage to play a little from time to time. I am almost always willing to play a game of Sea3D and earlier this spring I picked up a copy of Madden 06 (PC version) to quench my football thirst (the arean and europe leagues don't cut it).

But today I bought the first new FPS I have played in a long time: FEAR. From the Sierra site:
F.E.A.R.™ (First Encounter Assault Recon) is an intense combat experience with rich atmosphere and a deeply intense paranormal storyline presented entirely in first person. Be the hero in your own spine-tingling epic of action, tension, and terror… and discover the true meaning of F.E.A.R.

An unidentified paramilitary force infiltrates a multi-billion dollar aerospace compound, taking hostages but issuing no demands. A Special Forces team is sent in by the government to contain the situation, but contact is severed as an eerie signal interrupts radio communications. When the interference subsides moments later, the team has been obliterated. Live footage of the massacre shows an inexplicable wave of destruction tearing the soldiers apart before they can even react.

In light of the desperate situation the F.E.A.R. team is assembled. As part of this elite classified strike team created to deal with the most unusual and shocking of threats your mission is simple: Eliminate the intruders at any cost. Determine the origin of the signal. And contain this crisis before it spirals out of control.

  • Hyper-stylized combat for breathtaking cinematic quality action
  • Gripping supernatural storyline for spine-tingling intensity of play
  • Multi-player action with multiple gameplay modes and all single player capabilities
  • Advanced graphics and physics for visceral movie-like experience
  • Enemies with special abilities and A.I. so intuitive it’s like battling living, breathing players
So far it is a fun game, it has been very earier walking down corridors not lnowing what will popout at me! Actually, the AI is great. The enemy soldiers will hide and sporadically fire shots back at me or even send reinforcements to try to flank me. No rambo style, run into the room guns a blazin' here... no not like serious sam at all. IGN even gave it a favorable review.

I am not very far into the game, but there is one character that I keep bumping into that really freaks me out... kindof Conchita Campbell as a firestarter... enough said ;)

No comments: