01 June 2006

Burn, Burn!

Where have I been? Well, myself and three others from my squad at work ventured out to Asotin, Washington for a field visit of a stretch of highway to be overlayed with 0.15ft of new asphalt. We were verifying permited access points, permited utilities, and the scope of the project. We also looked for safety issues that could be addressed in the project, for instance, rasing guardrail to an appropiate height and new guard rail to keep cars out of a drainage "hole." I believe we estimated that it was 10 feet deep.

We actually stayed in Clarkston, WA. Which is across the Snake River from Lewiston, ID. I wonder what these two towns were named after? ;) Actuall, they are just another set of twin cities. On the Idaho side, Hell's Gate can be found... er I mean Hell's Gate State Park. It is the entrance to Hell... er I mean Hell's Canyon, which apparently can only be entered by boat... sounds cool. Maybe I will return to this part of the nation for a vacation sometime...

Well, while I was away the mice did play! ;) I see that my spark of synergistic cobloggeration has began to spread into a whole forest fire/grass fire/sagebrush fire... does sagebrush burn? I suppose it is dry enough ;)

1 comment:

Andy said...

And who wouldn't want to take a nice, relaxing vacation to Hell's Gate?

I mean seriously, sign me up!

Between this and Centralia, PA my future vacation plans are set!