27 May 2006

Music I am NOT afraid to admit I own.

More on the title of this blog:
Synergy is not spreading across the blogdom (or blog'verse for Firefly fans) fast enough. I have decided to increase the synergistic cobloggeration on my blog. I started by posting my mission statement below the title of my blog (a couple of weeks ago). Now I am going to begin to cobloggerate with blogs not in the daring. hmmm, maybe I should start a new recruiting effort? We'll see... ;)

I decided on this blog topic after reading a blog entry by a Ms. Kim of Olathe. I found this particular blog from a link buried in the the Chronicles of the Nameless... read them, they definitely contain blog-worthy material.

And on to the the blog entry:
Many country music stations may not be playing the Dixie Chicks latest single, but I wasn't afraid to purchase the new cd. Yeah, I am calling the stations not playing "Not Ready To Make Nice" afraid. They are afraid that they will lose listeners for playing music by a group that has sold 10 million copies of back to back records (Wide Open Spaces and Fly). All because of a comment made three years ago? I could argue why the comment was not so bad, but why bother? It was three years ago. Get over it people!

Some reviews make it out like the album is more pop than country... I would disagree. I have listened to it and it isn't anymore pop than Shania Twain. The country stations never seemed to have a problem playing Shania's music. I admit, I can not think of a particular country albulm/artist to compare with the new Dixie Chicks album though. Musically, it is much darker than most country albums. But I would still consider it country music.

Upcoming Topics:
Calico Jack, Mary Read, and Ann Bonny
Defeat of the Wendigo (even though, I have to defeat him first)
And many others!

2 comments:

Arnold said...

If simultaneously liking country music and not liking G. Bush is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

Andy said...

The whole situation kind of reminds me of the Mohammed cartoons. So, do we have to censor people based on their political opinions now?

Actually, I don't get the whole deal. No one is talking about censoring Green Day, who have released some anti-Bush policy material.

I wonder what would happen if some alternative rock band released some pro-Bush material. Would the radio stations refuse to play them?

Do you have to be anti-Bush to be alternative rock and pro-Bush to be country? The whole thing seems ridiculous.