20 May 2006

What have I done the last 100 days?

I have done it! Today marks the 100th straight day that I have posted to my blog. Good thing too, because I am going to be out of town for work on the 31st of May. And I am planning on visiting Mt Rainier before the end of June.

Whenever I manage to sneak out of Yakima and venture to Mt Rainier, I do promise you, my loyal readers (I think their are two of you), I will sneak a pic of a sasquatch with my camera. And unlike all those other losers, mine won't be blurry! ;)

Question of the day: How would you warn people 10,000 years in the future of danger? More criteria is given in the following articles.

LA Times

Vanderbilt

I have a Mr. Cutler to thank for providing me with the links to these articles... but not Jay Cutler
of Vanderbilt, but the uncharismatic, dual degree wielding, mastermind himself.

Actually, this is a very interesting dilemna. If you don't put any warnings up, then anyone venturing over top has no idea that it is dangerous to dig. But the warnings could just prompt curiousity. If history does repeat itself, then the area may remain untouched by another civilization. But we can't depend on that, so what then? Interesting...

1 comment:

Arnold said...

We had this discussion in junior high about how to label nuclear waste when it's around thousands of years from now. My thoughts are, if humans are still around in 10,000 years I'd call that enough of an accomplishment. If we haven't figured out how to detect radiation by then, or if putting on something like a skull and crossbones isn't enough to get the idea across, screw it. I have my own problems to worry about.