02 May 2006

FREE GAS*

Now that I have got your attention, Licensed drivers from Kansas, Illinois, Texas, Colorado, Missouri, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska are eligible to receive a $20 ethanol voucher good in SD. Follow the link in the title for more information. And now back to our regularily scheduled blog:

I decided to take a drive around over my lunch break today. I know, I know, what was I thinking with the current gas prices. But it is my bill, not yours so deal with it. (that and it wasn't much more than a half dozen blocks away from my office.

Into the residential area of Union Gap, I ventured... and what do I discover, but a primitive deck! The owner of this home has leaned a ladder up against the carport and set a chair up on top.But there is something else intriguing about the photo... Look at the size of the antenna/tower in the yard! As he has a direct tv or dishnetwork sattelite dish hooked to his roof (see first picture), I can not come up with a reasonable explanation for the antenna/tower. Even though I can come up with plenty of unreasonable explanations ;)
My only thoughts are either an antenna for a bad-ass ham radio or the owner is broadcasting his own radio signals. Any ideas from THE CENG or EEs in
the audience?

*Free gas up to $20 value.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Obviously it's so he can override the signal from the local network TV station at the appropriate time while munching on popcorn served up in a beaker shortly before returning to his home on the planet Zarkon.