14 May 2006

What's in a commute?

Nothing! I hate long commutes. I hate waiting at traffic signals and stop signs. But I have solved my daily commute problems. By getting a job with the SDDOT. In a small communtiy like Pierre, SD, slums are rare and unlike the WSDOT, the SDDOT office building is not located in a crummy part of town. Below, the first image represents my commute to work in Yakima. A grand total of 5.6 miles and everything east of 16th Ave is rundown and nearing slum classification. I have actually, on a few occasions, ventured to ride (bike) this route it is not a bad ride but the traffic is heavy so I have not made a habit of it.

The second shows my expected commute from the apartment I have waiting for me. I have already sent a deposit (so that they will hold it for the month of june). A whopping 0.4 miles long! Not even long enough to ride, I will be walking even with multiple feet of snow on the ground!


2 comments:

Andy said...

So in Pierre, "slums are rare", but not non-existent?

Oh, and congrats! You are going to live even closer to work than I do. My morning/afternoon run is 0.75 miles.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»