25 July 2006

Savings

I have found a definitive benefit to turning 25. Before I left SD for WA, my auto insurance premium was $600/6 mos. under my parents' policy. My premium, with Progressive, in WA was $800/6 mos. (high crime rates in Yakima, including car thefts). Well, now that I am back in SD and 25 years of age, my premium has dropped to $475/6 mos. All of these include full coverage and roadside assistance. My age was not the only factor in this large reduction, though. In college, I wrecked my Chevy Blazer but that is no longer on my driving record with Progressive because it was over three years ago now (Progressive only looks at the last three years).

Well, now I need to devise a way to share my luck... or whatever it is... with friends that don't seem to have Lady Luck on their side.

No comments: