20 January 2007

Life Long Dream Completed

I am sitting in Dunn Brothers in Rapid City, SD enjoying an Irish Cream Latte and perusing the internet.

... Just kidding! It isn't a life long dream of mine, but it is something I wanted to do sometime and now that I have a laptop I can do it!

Actually, I came to RC today to visit a few stores that I don't get to visit in Pierre. Borders, Scheels, Office Max (cheap ink for my printer), and of course to taste the joys of the Golden Phoenix and Dunn Brothers Coffee!

Also, Pierre in the News:
You may remember that late in November I told you we saw Sydney Palmer of Pierre win her 8-9-year-old girls division of Punt Pass & Kick in the Vikings regional finals at the Metrodome. I hadn't heard she had advanced in PP&K, but there she was on national television Saturday night, and Sydney is the national champion of her age group! She and the other national winners earned their titles at the Superdome in New Orleans before the Saints-Eagles playoff game, and the winners were shown briefly on TV between the third and fourth quarters. Sydney is the daughter of Pierre/Fort Pierre teachers Todd and Jenifer Palmer. Way to go, Sydney!

2 comments:

Alex Beverage said...

WTF, you got to drop me a message when you're going to be in Rapid!

Me and Susan relish any reason to go to the phoenix!

Patrick Wellner said...

I figured you were still asleep ;)