21 January 2007

Smitty

When I play the 'computer' in Madden 06 football (Yes, I am too cheap to by the newer version) as the Carolina Panthers, I like to read the defense. And lately the I've noticed the computer (no matter what team) sneaking one or both safeties forward to either stop the run or blitz my QB. So I have gotten into the habit of audibling to a play-action pass. The safeties are already forward so the fake is even more efective giving me ono on one coverage on the outside. And any die-hard Panthers fan will tell you, "Go to Smitty," in single coverage, racing down the sideline!

Here are a couple of examples of what I have managed to do:


I have also managed to do well running with RB Deshaun Foster when the safeties stay back. Hopefully, a new Offensive Coordinator will help Carolina return to the Super Bowl next year!

No comments: