15 January 2007

Walmart... Not Completely Evil...

Today I was browsing my local Walmart's selection of DVDs and I cam across what is probably may favorite old scifi movie ever! I even remember the first time I saw it. Back (in the day) when TNT had MonsterVision. The movie? MYSTERIOUS ISLAND!

This great movie is based on Jules Verne's sequel to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (also titled Mysterious Island). The movie may look like a B-movie but take into account that it was made in 1961.
I will even give away a bit of the movie... Cpt Nemo created the large animals to help solve world hunger (my theory was that the animals would kill off the surplus population, not feed it ;) ).

I believe stop motion animation was used for the critters in the film, so either go out and obtain a copy of the film or come on up to Pierre and watch it with me!

2 comments:

Arnold said...

The crab was my personal favorite.

Arnold said...

By the way...I also happen to believe Nemo was all about sending his Gian Bees of Doom to wipe out the excess population, not feed it. Making giant animals to solve world hunger doesn't make a lot of sense to me from a cost/energy standpoint.