24 February 2006

A simple ride through town?

Well, it was nice today (50s maybe?) so I decided to go for a bike ride through western Yakima. Before today I had found very few (try 1) good bike paths in town. But today I "pedaled" across an interesting sortof path!
It is, I assume, in actuallity an access road for the irrigation canal seen alongside. But it made for an enjoyable ride.

As a friend mentioned earlier, we are fans of Malcolm In the Middle. In season 6 two characters, Otto and Gretchen, were written off the show. They ran a Dude Ranch called "The Grotto." Well, good news (sortof)! I have discovered the new home of "The Grotto*," it is in Yakima! ;)


*According to freedictionary.com, a grotto is
  1. A small cave or cavern.
  2. An artificial structure or excavation made to resemble a cave or cavern.

3 comments:

Arnold said...

You know, I'm not surprised you trekked through Yakima using an irrigation canal access road and found some kind of cave-rental service. You're the only guy in the bloggityverse (or whatever the hell it's called) who has "Randomly wandering around" under interests.

Andy said...

Yeah, and I'm less likely to find interesting stuff because I enjoy "Randomly wandering around (especially at night)"

Arnold said...

Ah, "at night". That's why your profile didn't come up when I clicked on Pat's "Randomly wandering around". Take a flashlight next time, and let us know what (or who) you find in Kansas City.