12 August 2006

Foolhardy? I DON'T THINK SO!

Well, it appears that Minnesota is now a dry state. All the beer in the state was consumed down at Harriet Island at the Minnesota Irish Fair! ;)

This weekend I drove up to Saint Paul, MN for the Minnesota Irish Fair. I spent all day saturday at the fair, including the Gaelic Storm concert. This was my third fair, the second with Gaelic Storm at it and it was by far the best one. The crowd for the GS concert was HUGE, the band just fed off of our energy and put on a great show.

Here is the band (GS) at a cd signing early in the afternoon. Apparently, the event organizers didn't want too much chaos after their performance ;)

Some fans even followed the directions of the new albulm, "Bring You're Wellies"!
I had a friend along with me and he decided to where green to fit in with the "theme"... so he wore his Green Bay Packer tshirt and took gruff from the many Minnesota Viking fans that were around... but that isn't all, Gaelic Storm's Pat Murphy even dissed him! As you can see, the viking fans were out that saturday night.

One of the better pics of the whole band (GS) playing that I took.

Gaelic Storm enlisted some help from other performers at the Fair.

Gaelic Storm's Pat Murphy with what he once called "a sexy instrument" (accordion).

My friend found a new beer that he likes. Apparently, the profits are all donated to charity!
Well, I not only took pics, I also recorded a few vid clips. Here is one with the lovely Ellery Klein in the center, Steve Twigger to the far left, Pete Purvis to the left, and Pat Murphy to the right on the bohdran. Sorry, buy Ryan Lacey is blocked by Ellery. You might need to wait a few seconds to see the link show up on the page, some sort of delay from the server so you read or accidently click on the ads.

I will try to post more pics, vids, and turnout information tomorrow or at least later this week. Keep checking back!

If anyone is interested, I do plan on returning to the fair next year (this will be an annual trip for me) so if anyone wants to go I would love to get a larger group of friends together than I did this year (including me: 2.5, one friend didn't stay very long and left before GS).

1 comment:

Andy said...

If it's the same time next year, you might be able to convince me to go, but you'll definitely have to remind me.