23 April 2006

Hunting Trip

As my faithful readers already know, I have spent much of my free time here in Yakima tracking a wendigo. I have always tried to stay a safe distance away and on the one occasion that I came face to face with it, I managed to escape. But with my recent news of a new job back in SD I have made a difficult decision. I will rid Yakima of the wendigo before the tenth of july.

I have spent some time researching the beasts... looking for some weakness to exploit. I have consulted with a couple of "experts," who have informed me that a wendigo is "notoriously hard to kill. This thing is a good hunter in the day, but an unbelievable hunter at night. A wendigo has few weaknesses."

I did learn that the key to defeating a wendigo is to shatter the creature's ice heart. The most gruesome method of disposal is by shattering the creature’s ice heart with a silver stake and then dismembering the body with a silver axe. My "experts" claim to have defeated a wenidgo by literally torching the wendigo. Luckily, I have a friend who has managed to gain a flamethrower solely for burning his effigies. Even though, I may end up choosing the more gruesome method just for the opportunity to do my impression of Lt. Maynard and hang the wendigo's head on the front of my s10.

No comments: