30 April 2006

WSDOT SCR

Since my time here in Yakima is short, I have began to carry my digital camera with me frequently. I don't want to forget this place (it hasn't been all bad ;) ). Well, I decided to share a few pics from the WSDOT "campus" in Yakima.

A sign in fron to the main building.


The WSDOT South Central Region HQ building. The important people, like the region administrator, work here.

The Project Development building (my office). Apparently, it is multiple temporary (modular) buildings merged together and attached to the HQ building. I believe the temporary part of it is no longer. Since there are no plans (at least known to its inhabitants) to replace it.


The famed tin warehouse. This is the second oldest structure, but since the oldest is brick it is in better condition. There are dents and gaps all over this structure. The seems between the tin panels that make up the walls don't necessarily line up. It looks like crap. The worst part is due to a lack of space and many new techs and engineers being hired, the utility office will be reloacted to this building. A portion of it will be modified to include plumbing, ventilation, and insulation. Many of my coworkers and myself find this unbelievable. I really do sympathize with the utility office.
Before the modifications are complete, this building may lay in ruin. For anyone who was brilliant enough to see the movie V for Vendetta, this building is my Parliment ;)

1 comment:

Andy said...

A bunch of highly-trained civil engineers working out of a crappy tin warehouse! Oh, the irony!