14 April 2006

Lucky Goatee?

I have two thoughts for everyone today. The first reveals the start date for my job with the SDDOT Bridge office:
Aye Aye, the 10th of July!
I only wish more words rhyme with July, but with my recent dive into pirate literature this fits fine.

As many of you know, I was recently promoted to the level of Transportation Engineer 2 within the WSDOT. Also, I had applied for two positions in the SDDOT (the bridge office and the local programs office). Well, the 3 interviews I had for these positions all had one thing in common: I had a goatee. I had trouble landing a job out of college, I received many rejection letters. But since growing the goatee, I am 2 for 3 on interviews. Could this all have been avoided? Did my goatee make me look more distinguished? Or did it strike fear into the hearts of those interviewing me? What do YOU think?

2 comments:

Arnold said...

My goatee also seems to have brought me much luck recently in many areas. In addition, it also helps project the image of a very evil, very depraved, quite mentally unstable scientist. Which I am. For some reason that seems to get you a lot of grants from the Government... A toast to the goatee club!

Andy said...

My goatee, on the other hand, has not brought me any particular manifestations of luck. If anything, I feel that I have been particularly unlucky as of late, although that may just be due to extenuating circumstances in my life right now.