01 April 2006

Wendigo Hunter (or not)

With the wendigo forced away from Yakima proper for the summer (thanks to the filling of the canal), I began a trek deep into Cowiche Canyon on an evidence gathering mission. I was searching for evidence that the wendigo used the canyon as a summerhome/hunting ground.

Not long after reaching the bottom of the canyon I came across an earie looking path that I suspect is the summer hunting grounds of the wendigo.
I continued on... As I walked along the trail, I did my best to keep an eye out all around me for anything suspicious. I did not want to be the next victim of the wendigo. As I came around a small bend, I looked right... whew, no wendigo there, then I looked left and... the wendigo emerged:
As the wendigo began it's roar, I quickly fled back to the trail that led out of the canyon. Luckily for me, it had rained earlier this morning; the trail was very muddy, the wendigo had trouble getting any footholds and thanks to my sturdy Columbia Black Forest Ultra shoes I managed to escape certain death.

2 comments:

Arnold said...

No wonder your link is "Pat the Daring" on my blog. I don't care that you ran away like a little girl in the end. You still showed more courage than I, and were not properly equipped.

Benjamin Cutler said...

I was thinking that looked sort of like Merchant in the morning, but he's over a thousand miles from Yakima.