16 March 2006

Somebody Irished Up!

Well, it looks like nearly everyone failed the assignment from Tuesday. Well, being a poor (I just paid off my pickup!) blogger, there is very little I can do to you. Not that I want to bother!

I started a shoutcast server last night to help the world Irish Up. After letting it run all day today, I got off work to find that somone had been listening for 4 hours... they continued to listen for another 2 hours before disconnecting! I did an ip search to at least figure out where this person(s) is located and discovered that the ip is from the Phoenix (Arizona, not Golden) area. All I have to say is that whoever this was they are irished up from now till August... then they need travel to Saint Paul, MN for the Minnesota Irish Fair! Also, they have scored an A+ on my assignment without even posting a comment to my blog!

I am eternally gratefull to the Washington state voters for passing an initiative last November to ban smoking in all public places (i.e. bars, restaurants). The only exception was to clubs, like the VFW or the American Legion, etc. Thanks to this new law, I can enjoy the local Irish Pub in Yakima!

Everyone Irish Up!

1 comment:

Arnold said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Patrick!, from about a one-quarter Irishman.

As you probably know Ireland was the first place to ban workplace smoking in Europe. As SNL put it, the ban was expected to transition smoothly because the Irish are known for their easy-going tempers and respect for authority.