30 March 2006

What is wrong with today's world?

Too many people procrastinate. And there is too much beaucratic red-tape.

I just read that the bill (anti DRM) that the French Assembly recently passed won't go to the Senate until May. Note that it won't GO to the Senate until May, who knows when they will vote on it! Maybe if more governments worked like the Washington and South Dakota State Legislatures things wouldn't be so bad. What I mean is that Washington and SD legislatures meet for only a few months at the beginning of every year. This forces a timeline at the legislatures and keeps them on task.

But then again, I was always one of those people who nearly always had assignments/projects done ahead of schedule throughout school and college. I can only think of one person who makes me look like a procrastinator!

Another problem I have is with the judicial system in the U.S. Lawyers have made the whole system so complicated that it takes years for anything to happen! Reminds me of a Farscape ep

But how else could things be handled, you ask?

Well, Singapore has a decent method. So did British Navy ships of yore. This may seem cruel, but I believe that for certain crimes and individuals it may work better than prison time. Free food and shelter? I mean c'mon. I did happen upon a photo of a Singapore caning. I will warn you that it is somewhat graphic, probably would be rated R by the movie industry. Here is the link for those who don't heed my warning.

Another, better, option is free labor. But it needs to go further than the SD DOC. I am not sure on the best apporach to this though, because of the need for guards.

And, now I will end my ranting
everyone: [whisper] "finally"

2 comments:

Arnold said...

Damn. Looks like that would get infected pretty easy.

Andy said...

Ouch! Something tells me that the lucky recipients of a high-quality caning don't do a lot of sitting.