04 March 2006

Warrior Women

It appears that hollywood has stolen a few ideas from The Ninjas of the Apocalypse, story by one of my friends. The picture below should speak for itself of the stolen idea(s). If it doesn't, then contact my friend and beg him for a copy of the story so that you can read it.
I just saw Ultraviolet today. I have to say that I do not recommend seeing it for the plot, but if you are in the mood for an action movie with an attractive female warrior then this movie is for you.

This got me thinking. I know, I know it is dangerous to do that, but sometimes danger s fun.

Hollywood seems to make many movies with the same basic principle: hot female warrior defeats many male soldiers. Well, I have deemed you worthy to see my list of favorite female warrior characters!

1. River Tam
River Tam is a character from the TV series Firefly and the movie Serenity. She is played by Summer Glau, who is able to do many of her stunts thanks to her years as a ballerina.
2. Leeloo
Is the fifth element, the supreme being in the scifi action/comedy The Fifth Element. She is played by Milla Jovovich.





3. Joan of Arc
Ah, the maid of Lorraine... the peasant girl... the teenaged girl that led an army against the English. One of only two French military leaders that is worth anything. There have been two Joan of Arc movies of late, Ms. Jovovich played Joan in a Hollywood movie, but my fav is Leelee Sobieski who played Joan in a TV movie. To the right is Sobieski and below is Jovovich.
4. Violet
And Violet from Ultraviolet has joined this list of mine.

1 comment:

Arnold said...

When will "man with gun seeks revenge" ever get old? Same time as "hot chick with gun seeks revenge"...

Never.